Hudson have partnered with Mile2 as an Authorized Training Center to offer the IS20 Security Controls course. Mile2 designs, develops, and delivers Information Security training and Information Assurance services that meet military, government, private sector and institutional specifications. In doing so, Mile2 has become the de facto standard for a number organizations and militaries worldwide.
Key facts about Mile2
- Mile2 has a strong military connection. Their Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE) certification played a pivotal role in assisting the United States Air Force (USAF) improve their security protocols. This course was originally designed for the USAF.
- Mile2’s certification courses are accredited by the National Security Agency (NSA) and Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS). They are also on the FBI’s Preferred Tier 1-3 certification training list for prospective FBI agents specialising in cyber crime.
- CompTIA recognises and acknowledges Mile2 courses as Expert Level, e.g. Mile2 CPTE.
- Mile2 have their own IT Security Penetration Testing magazine called PenTest Magazine, which is published several times a year.
- All Mile2 courses count as Continuing Education Units (CEUs) toward (ISC)2, ISACA, and SANS ongoing certification requirements.
Mile2 IT Security certifications are accredited by the NSA and preferred by the FBI
Mile2 certifications are unique in their approach of combining theory with practical experience. Mile2 courses are always up-to-date with the latest developments in tools, best practices and threat scenarios. The balance provided by Mile2 courses equips the attendees with the knowledge, skills and practice needed to immediately provide benefit to their organization or clients and be confident in using their enhanced skills.
Watch this video to learn more about Mile2
About this course
Mile2’s vendor neutral IS20 Controls certification course covers proven general controls and methodologies that are used to execute and analyze the Top Twenty Most Critical Security Controls. This course allows the security professional to see how to implement controls in their existing network(s) through highly effective and economical automation. For management, this training is the best way to distinguish how you’ll assess whether these security controls are effectively being administered or if they are failing.
Nearly all organizations containing sensitive information are adopting and implementing the most critical security controls as the highest priority list. These controls were chosen by leading government and private organizations who are experts on how compromised networks/systems evolve and how to mitigate and prevent them from happening. These leading security experts chose the best of breed controls needed to block known incidents as well as alleviate any damage from successful attacks. Ultimately, the implementation of these Top 20 Controls will ensure best efforts to drastically decrease the overall cost of security while improving both the efficiency and effectiveness of it.
Upon completion, the IS20 Security Controls candidate will be able to not only competently take the IS20 Controls exam but will also have an understanding of how to implement the top 20 most critical controls in the work place.
Mile2 have their own IT Security Penetration Testing magazine called PenTest Magazine
Who is this course aimed at?
- Information assurance managers/auditors
- System implementers/administrators
- Network security engineers
- IT administrators
- DoD personnel/contractors
- Federal agencies/clients
- Security vendors and consulting groups looking to stay current with frameworks for information assurance
Course areas covered
- Course Introduction
- Critical Control 1: Inventory of Authorized and Unauthorized Devices
- Critical Control 2: Inventory of Authorized and Unauthorized Software
- Critical Control 3: Secure Configurations for Hardware and Software on Laptops, Workstations, and Servers
- Critical Control 4: Secure Configurations for Network Devices such as Firewalls, Routers, and Switches
- Critical Control 5: Boundary Defence
- Critical Control 6: Maintenance, Monitoring, and Analysis of Audit Logs, Network Ports, Protocols, and Services
- Critical Control 7: Application Software Security
- Critical Control 8: Controlled Use of Administrative Privileges
- Critical Control 9: Controlled Access Based on Need to Know
- Critical Control 10: Continuous Vulnerability Assessment and Remediation
- Critical Control 11: Account Monitoring and Control
- Critical Control 12: Malware Defences
- Critical Control 13: Limitation and Control of Network Ports, Protocols, and Services
- Critical Control 14: Wireless Device Control
- Critical Control 15: Data Loss Prevention
- Critical Control 16: Secure Network Engineering
- Critical Control 17: Penetration Tests and Red Team Exercises
- Critical Control 18: Incident Response Capability
- Critical Control 19: Data Recovery Capability
- Critical Control 20: Security Skills Assessment and Appropriate Training to Fill Gaps
Course Delivery: 24 hours, online (12 months access)
Watch an unbiased video review of someone that’s taken a Mile2 course
About the exam
The IS20 exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your mile2.com account. The exam will take 2 hours and consist of 100 multiple choice questions. Further details about the exam are as follows:
- All exams are immediately loaded in your Mile2 user account once you have enrolled
- All Mile2 exams are taken on-line and can be taken anywhere 24/7 providing you have access to an internet connection and PC or laptop
- All exams run for 2 hours and comprise of 100 questions with a passing score of 70%
- There are NO prerequisites toward taking any Mile2 exam
- Once you have passed your exam, you will instantly receive a digital copy of your certification
Mile2 has developed IT Security training specifically for the United States Air Force, the Department of the Army Counter Intelligence, the Canadian Department of National Defence, and Boeing.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
Although there are no prerequisites to take the course or sit the exam, it is recommended prospective learners have a basic understanding of networking and security technologies.
What does this course include?
- Video based course material
- Exam prep guide
- Exam simulator to prepare you for the official exam
- Exam voucher to sit the official exam
- 2nd shot exam voucher in case you fail
Features of course
|User Friendly Navigation: Easily navigate through hours of in-depth training videos. Easily navigate through modules and repeat entire topics or even a particular section.
|Full Video of Instructor: Hours of one on one video with the instructor directly teaching you the skills you need to be successful.
|Full Video Lab Demonstrations: The instructor will actually perform key tasks in front of you on screen. This format gives the user the power to see things done by a professional in the intended environment as many times as they would like.
|Info Rich Power Points: Utilizing PowerPoint presentations allows the user to better interpret the material through charts, definitions, graphs, and more.
|Review Quiz Questions After Every Module: At the end of each module, there is a review quiz to ensure the retention of the information discussed before moving on to a new section.
|In Depth Study Guide: A handy study guide enables tactile learners to process what they learn, follow along with the videos, and ultimately walk away with a paper based review tool they can return to any time any place.
|Certificate Awarded Upon Completion: Upon successful completion of our training program, you will receive a Mile2® Certificate of Completion.
How is this course taught?
This is an online, self-paced course, meaning you do it in your own home, in your own time, at your own pace. Each lesson is pre-recorded allowing you to pause, fast-forward, skip sections, or go back to another lesson if you need to. Aside from the written notes and mock exam, the lessons are multi-media based, which means video and audio are used to teach the lessons. Most courses are also interactive, prompting the learner to participate. This involves answering on-screen questions at the end of each course through the practice exam.
What do I need?
This is an online course with 24/7 access. You can do it from any where in the world, any time of the day providing you have an internet connection and a device such as a laptop, PC, or Mac. No apps are required to access the courses. You simply do it from your browser. For the best user experience, we recommend Google Chrome.