Hudson have partnered with Mile2 as an Authorized Training Center to offer the Certified Information Systems Security Auditor (CISSA) course. Mile2 designs, develops, and delivers Information Security training and Information Assurance services that meet military, government, private sector and institutional specifications. In doing so, Mile2 has become the de facto standard for a number organizations and militaries worldwide.
Key facts about Mile2
- Mile2 has a strong military connection. Their Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE) certification played a pivotal role in assisting the United States Air Force (USAF) improve their security protocols. This course was originally designed for the USAF.
- Mile2’s certification courses are accredited by the National Security Agency (NSA) and Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS). They are also on the FBI’s Preferred Tier 1-3 certification training list for prospective FBI agents specialising in cyber crime.
- CompTIA recognises and acknowledges Mile2 courses as Expert Level, e.g. Mile2 CPTE.
- Mile2 have their own IT Security Penetration Testing magazine called PenTest Magazine, which is published several times a year.
- All Mile2 courses count as Continuing Education Units (CEUs) toward (ISC)2, ISACA, and SANS ongoing certification requirements.
Mile2 IT Security certifications are accredited by the NSA and preferred by the FBI
Mile2 certifications are unique in their approach of combining theory with practical experience. Mile2 courses are always up-to-date with the latest developments in tools, best practices and threat scenarios. The balance provided by Mile2 courses equips the attendees with the knowledge, skills and practice needed to immediately provide benefit to their organization or clients and be confident in using their enhanced skills.
Watch this video to learn more about Mile2
About this course
Many organizations require an Information System Auditor’s expert knowledge when it comes to identifying critical issues and providing effective auditing solutions. The knowledge and course content provided in the vendor neutral Certified Information Systems Security Auditor – CISSA course, not only covers ISACA’s CISA exam, but provides a measurable certification that demonstrates proficiency in the IS Auditing Field.
TheMile2 CISSA course covers the skills and knowledge to assess vulnerabilities, report on compliance and implement controls for private and public enterprises.
Upon completion of this course, CISSA students will be able to establish industry acceptable auditing standards with current best practices and policies. Students will also be prepared to competently sit for the Mile2 CISSA exam.
Mile2 have their own IT Security Penetration Testing magazine called PenTest Magazine
Who is this course aimed at?
- IS Security Officers
- IS Managers
- Risk Managers
- Information Systems Owners
- IS Control Assessors
- System Managers
Course areas covered
- The Process of Auditing Information Systems
- Risk Based Auditing
- Audit Planning and Performance
- Reporting on Audit
- IT Governance and Management
- Strategic Planning and Models
- Resource Management
- Business Continuity Planning Systems Acquisition
- Development and Implementation
- Systems Development Models
- Types of Specialized Business Applications
- Application Controls
- Information Systems Operations, Maintenance and Support
- System and Communications
Click here to see a detailed breakdown of the course syllabus
Course Duration and Delivery: 32 hours online (12 months access)
Watch an unbiased video review of someone that’s taken a Mile2 course
About the exam
The CISSA exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your mile2.com account. The exam will take 2 hours and consist of 100 multiple choice questions. Further details about the exam are as follows:
- All exams are immediately loaded in your Mile2 user account once you have enrolled
- All Mile2 exams are taken on-line and can be taken anywhere 24/7 providing you have access to an internet connection and PC or laptop
- All exams run for 2 hours and comprise of 100 questions with a passing score of 70%
- There are NO prerequisites toward taking any Mile2 exam
- Once you have passed your exam, you will instantly receive a digital copy of your certification
Mile2 has developed IT Security training specifically for the United States Air Force, the Department of the Army Counter Intelligence, the Canadian Department of National Defence, and Boeing.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
Although there are no prerequisites to take the course or sit the exam, it is recommended prospective learners have a minimum 1 year’s Information Systems experience.
What does this course include?
- Video based course material
- Exam prep guide
- Exam simulator to prepare you for the official exam
- Exam voucher to sit the official exam
- 2nd shot exam voucher in case you fail
Features of course
|User Friendly Navigation: Easily navigate through hours of in-depth training videos. Easily navigate through modules and repeat entire topics or even a particular section.
|Full Video of Instructor: Hours of one on one video with the instructor directly teaching you the skills you need to be successful.
|Full Video Lab Demonstrations: The instructor will actually perform key tasks in front of you on screen. This format gives the user the power to see things done by a professional in the intended environment as many times as they would like.
|Info Rich Power Points: Utilizing PowerPoint presentations allows the user to better interpret the material through charts, definitions, graphs, and more.
|Review Quiz Questions After Every Module: At the end of each module, there is a review quiz to ensure the retention of the information discussed before moving on to a new section.
|In Depth Study Guide: A handy study guide enables tactile learners to process what they learn, follow along with the videos, and ultimately walk away with a paper based review tool they can return to any time any place.
|Certificate Awarded Upon Completion: Upon successful completion of our training program, you will receive a Mile2® Certificate of Completion.
How is this course taught?
This is an online, self-paced course, meaning you do it in your own home, in your own time, at your own pace. Each lesson is pre-recorded allowing you to pause, fast-forward, skip sections, or go back to another lesson if you need to. Aside from the written notes and mock exam, the lessons are multi-media based, which means video and audio are used to teach the lessons. Most courses are also interactive, prompting the learner to participate. This involves answering on-screen questions at the end of each course through the practice exam.
What do I need?
This is an online course with 24/7 access. You can do it from any where in the world, any time of the day providing you have an internet connection and a device such as a laptop, PC, or Mac. No apps are required to access the courses. You simply do it from your browser. For the best user experience, we recommend Google Chrome.