PRINCE2 Agile® is a combination of Agile project management and ‘PRojects IN Controlled Environments 2’, better known as PRINCE2. Released back in 2015, the dual framework has proven extremely popular with project management teams across a multitude of different sectors and industries. PRINCE2 Agile® is a combination of two styles of project management. PRINCE2 focuses on strategy and upper-tier decision-making, while Agile is more about responsiveness, autonomy, and swift benefits realization. Generally speaking, the project management methodology ‘works’ by applying PRINCE2 principles and techniques within Agile environments. It could even be described as a form of PRINCE2 that is simply better suited to Agile projects.
PRINCE2 Agile® blends the flexibility and responsiveness of agile with the defined governance of PRINCE2®. The training and certification is delivered at two levels:
1. PRINCE2 Agile Foundation provides the fundamentals of the PRINCE2 method so you can embed PRINCE2 Agile into your day-to-day work practices, testing knowledge of PRINCE2 governance requirements, agile concepts and techniques and the interface between them.
2. PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner takes the knowledge acquired at Foundation level and applies it to the workplace, using real-world management examples.
What is PRINCE2 Agile®?
Benefits of using PRINCE2 Agile®
PRINCE2 Agile® combines the flexibility and responsiveness of agile with the clearly- defined framework of PRINCE2®. Created for those organisations and individuals who use PRINCE2®, but recognise the benefits of applying agile methods, it provides guidance on how to practically apply both PRINCE2® and agile; thus, reducing conflict so that you can benefit from the best of both worlds.
Key Features of Course:
- Covers PRINCE2 Agile® Foundation and Practitioner
- Video based course material
- Pre-course and course material provided
- Course is accessible 24/7, 365 globally
- Official e-book provided: PRINCE2 Agile®
- Exams can be taken at home online
- 12-months to take the exams. The Foundation exam must be passed before progressing onto Practitioner
- Includes official PRINCE2 Agile® Foundation and Practitioner exam fees
- Upon passing the exams, you will be fully PRINCE2 Agile® certified by PeopleCert
Axelos Training Manual: PRINCE2 Agile® included in course
What’s included in this course?
This course bundle includes the PRINCE2 Agile® Foundation and Practitioner courses, plus the official PRINCE2 Agile® exams for each course. Scroll down to see what’s covered in this course.
PRINCE2 Agile® Foundation & Practitioner:
The Hexagon and MoSCoW
Principles and behaviours
Sprint review and retrospective
Organisation and agile leadership
Quality and user stories
Risk and change
MPD and SCRUM
Sprint review and retrospective
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand key concepts relating to PRINCE2®
- Understand key concepts relating to projects and PRINCE2 Agile®
- Understand how PRINCE2® principles, themes, processes and management products are tailored and/or applied in an agile context
- Understand the agile ways of working, key terms and techniques
- Understand the focus areas in an agile context
- Build on the basic concepts of agile ways of working within PRINCE2®
- Practise blending PRINCE2® and the agile way of working
- Be able to apply and evaluate the focus areas to a project in an agile context
- Be able to apply or tailor the PRINCE2® principles, themes, processes and management products to a project in an agile context
See an example of how the PRINCE2 Agile® methodology was employed
Course access period: 12 months online access
Salary and job prospect information
We use two excellent third-party resources to allow you to check your earning potential and job prospects before starting this course.
The first is IT JobsWatch, which allows you to check what employers are paying people on average with specific certifications, such as the one contained in this course. Click here and enter the name of the certification you would like to see salary information on.
The second is Payscale, which also does the above, but allows you to see what types of job titles are paying more based around the certification you enquire about. Click here and enter the name of the certification you would like to see salary and job title information on.
What career paths are available to me through this course?
- Assistant Project Manager
- Senior Project Manager
- Project Team Leader
- Project Co-ordinator
- Project Management Consultant
- Workstream Lead
- Workpackage Manager
- Stage Manager
How is each course taught?
This course is online and self-paced, meaning you do it in your own home, in your own time, at your own pace and best of all… any where in the world, providing you have access to a device such as a laptop, PC or desktop computer, and an internet connection. Each lesson is pre-recorded allowing you to pause, fast-forward, skip sections, or go back to another lesson if you need to. The lessons are multi-media based, which means video and audio are used to teach the lessons. Your tutor will use PowerPoint slides, illustrations, diagrams and give demonstrations to teach the lessons. Most lessons are also interactive, prompting the learner to participate. This might involve answering on-screen questions and participating in tasks.
How long will it take me to complete this course?
As mentioned above, this course is self-paced. Some people finish their course faster than others. The total duration of the course is approximately 20 hours. No matter what though, you will always have 12 months to complete your course and take your exam.
What do I need?
All you need is an internet connection and a device, such as a smart phone, tablet, laptop or PC, and an internet connection. We recommend you access it using either a laptop or desktop computer through Google Chrome.
Complaints & Appeals Policy
As part of our accreditation obligations with PeopleCert, on behalf of Axelos, we are required to maintain and exercise a complaints and appeals policy in relation to the delivery of our PRINCE2® courses. Further details of this policy can be found by clicking here.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of PeopleCert Limited, used under permission of PeopleCert Limited. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of PeopleCert Limited, used under permission of PeopleCert Limited. All rights reserved.