Hudson have partnered with the Online Business School (OBS) to bring you this fully accredited Diploma course. The Online Business School delivers online university pathway programmes with full Undergraduate and Postgraduate Diploma Awards to learners from all corners of the world. Learners can fast track their way through to a UK University Qualification on campus or by distance learning. With a 24/7 student networking platform, personal dashboards, 1-2-1 online tutorials, group webinars and bank of pre-recorded group webcasts, the Online Business School provides students with all the support that they need to succeed in developing their professional skill base and achieve a university qualification .
Watch this video to learn more about OBS and how their online Diploma courses work
About this Diploma
The level 7 diploma in strategic management and leadership is an MBA advanced entry course, which provides learners with 120 credits of the 180 credits required to achieve a complete MBA. The course itself is made up of 30 interactive modules and 8 written assignments, with approximately 40 guided learning hours per module. All modules have an additional 30-50 learning hours of optional materials that comprise of recommended exercises, recommended readings, Internet resources, and self-testing exercises. You will also have access to 24/7 support, tutoring, and a variety of other support mechanisms.
After receiving your level 7 diploma, you are eligible to apply for an MBA top up course, either online or on campus at a range of UK universities. The top up portion will usually consist of the final 60 credits of either a dissertation or a dissertation and one module.
How will I be assessed?
After you have completed an online module, you will have an online assessment to complete. This assessment contains 30 multiple-choice questions. You will have one hour to complete these questions which are answered in sets of five so you will have plenty of time to review and edit your answers. After an hour the test will automatically time out.
After you have completed the test, your results will be displayed immediately. If you have passed, you will receive a Certificate of Completion. If you didn’t pass, you will receive a notification of a “refer’’ where you will be told how to retake a module assessment at a cost of £30. You can complete these modules at your own pace, as there is no deadline to complete the course.
When the online modules have been successfully completed, you will then be able to take the final written assignments, provided by Online Business School, that test your knowledge and understanding of the modules. After successful completion of these eight assignments you will receive your Diploma.
You will then be eligible to apply for progression onto a Top up course through a recognised UK university on campus or by distance learning.
- Qualities of Effective Leadership: Learners will explore the making and developing of powerful leaders.
- Developing Interpersonal Skills: Connecting and bonding with people within the commercial sectors is extremely important for good business. This module trains learners in skills to improve and enhance communication techniques to create strong bonds.
- Motivating and Influencing People: Inspiring people to create a unity of direction within business.
- Making Decisions: Doing the right things in the right way at the right time. Learners will look at the process of making a good decision.
- Creativity and Problem Solving: Do problems pose a threat or are they an opportunity to improve? Here, learners will figure out how to turn a problem into an advantage.
- Studying and Using Management Theories: There are many theories concerned with management and the various models developed from these theories. This module looks over these theories with real life examples.
- The External Operating Environment of Business: Planning for influences on the business outside your control.
- Culture and Ethics: The Culture and ethics involved in the business world today.
- Governance and Directorships: Structuring and controlling a business theprofessional way.
- Analysing the Competition: What are my competitors doing, how are they doingit, why are they doing it? Reviewing and analysing competitor actions to enhance managerial roles.
- Marketing Strategy: Creating an effective and successful market presence. Looking at the development of marketing strategies to create successful marketing campaigns.
- High Performance Sales: Learners will grasp the key elements of successful selling.
- E-Marketing Communication: Understanding and using effective electronic messages to market.
- Customers and their Needs: Ensuring that your customers are recognised and valued.
- Strategic Human Resource Management: Human Resource Management must play a central role in the strategy of any organization. It is concerned with people as an asset of the business.
- Recruiting and CPD: Getting the best people. Developing the best people. Keeping the best people.
- Measuring and Rewarding Performance: Knowing and measuring how your people areperforming.
- Interpreting Business Accounts: Using and understanding the litmus tests of business health.
- Tools of Financial Analysis: Resources, tools and techniques to keep a finger on the pulse of the business.
- Managing Cash and Working Capital: Cash, cash flow and working capital. The lifeblood of business.
- Exercises in Quantitative Techniques: How to use and understand key figures.
- Impact of Technology on Business: Analyse and exploit the role of e-business within a business sector.
- Innovation and R&D: Creating commercial advantage from innovation and research.
- Implementing and Managing Quality Systems: Right first time, right every time. The place of quality in business strategy.
- Strategic Planning Tools: Resources, tools and ideas to help create an effective business strategy.
- Strategic and Systems Management Options for strategic direction. Making the right choices for your business.
- The Business Plan: Creating a plan that targets the stated aims and objectives of a business.
- Developing High Performance Teams: Cohesion and teamwork that enhances business performance.
- Managing Projects: Getting things done. Using the right tools to run projects.
- Strategies for growth: This module explores the different ideas of growth and the various tools, measures and controls at a managers disposal in planning for growth
How long is the course?
Each course module will take you around 30-40 hours to complete. There are 30 course modules in total. Expected study time is around 900-1200 hours. This is a self-paced course which you will complete in your own time. You will have a maximum of 5 years to complete the course.
The Qualifi level 7 diploma in strategic management and leadership course has 8 written assignments. The assignments are approximately 2,000-3,000 words each. Students are provided support on the modules and assignments via the ‘Tutor’ section of the learning platform.
On completion of this course students have the opportunity to complete an MBA programme from a range of UK universities. The top up programme can be studied online or on campus. The MBA top up comprises the final 60 credits which consists of either a dissertation or a dissertation and one module.
University of Gloucestershire
MBA Business Administration – £3,250
Anglia Ruskin University
MBA (Top-Up) – £3,900
Buckinghamshire New University
International MBA – £3,500
University of Bolton
MBA Business Administration – £3,500
University of Sunderland
MBA Business Administration – £5,145 (campus)
Master of Business Administration – £10,700 (online) / £11,120 (campus)
Executive MBA– £3,500
MA in Human Resource Management – £2,200
MSc in Accounting and Finance- £3,800
Executive Master of Business Administration – £3,690
University of Derby
Top up to MBA – (partial exemption)
Completing on Campus in the UK
Most universities in the UK will accept the Online Business School 120 credit programme for entry onto the MBA Top up on campus. Students may also contact the admissions department of their chosen university directly.
Am I eligible to do this course?
To enrol onto the Level 7 programme, you must be either:
a) a university graduate who is over 22 years old, or
b) a non-university graduate over 24 year old, and with at least five years of managerial experience.
What support is available during my course?
The Social Learning Forum is free to use for all students, and can be accessed from all over the world, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The forum has been developed to encourage creation of self-managed learning groups and to encourage individuals to lead in particular areas of learning. Tutors may interact socially with students to enhance learning through the social forum.
Students will be able to share their ideas and solutions, and also any resources they have uncovered that can assist their fellow students. Individuals can request assistance from their peers on specific issues and act as the catalyst for discussions and analysis. It is important that students participate and draw lessons from fellow students around the world to enhance their online learning experience.
Each module has its own forum with topics covering many areas. Students will also have the ability to control topics in the general areas through a secure network, with all posts closely monitored by OBS administrators.
The Social Learning will also include Open Webinars. These webinars will be in areas of general interest or demand for grouped learning, providing interaction between students and teachers.
Additional Study Resources
OBS realises sometimes you may need additional support for your online Course. Individual tutoring may be required to fast track your Study, or perhaps you just need some additional support. To further enhance learning, Online Business School gives learners the chance to purchase tutor support in a variety of formats.
Tutor support can be purchased in the following forms:
- One to One Coaching through online tutorials. Students can purchase tutorials on a one to one basis through a live webinar or telephone support.
- Live interactive webinars – students can enter a live webinar with other students in a virtual classroom.
- Recorded webcasts – Students can purchase pre-recorded webcasts to enhance their learning.
Online Business School operates to the highest academic standards and has multiple structures in place that ensure the standard of education provided to its students it of the highest quality.
All learning materials are designed and written by professional academic authors so that each interactive module is aligned against specific learning criteria specified by OFQUAL, the defining UK Government body for Academic Standards in UK Higher Education. These standards ensure those that learn with us receive a high quality education along with certification that is recognised universally by Universities and employers.
Partner University Qualifications
On completion of the final assignments, students are awarded a recognised Diploma qualification. This Diploma can be used to top up to a full undergraduate degree or MBA at a variety of UK universities, either on campus or by distance learning.
Quality Monitoring Board
Online Business School also operates a Quality Monitoring Board (QMB) to ensure that we are always delivering accredited online courses and resources to meet your learning needs. This Board meets regularly to assess:
- Specific student issues
- Any quality issues for university partners
- Monitoring of assessment standards
- Monitoring of material content against learning outcomes
- Specific operational issues as they affect quality and customer service
The Board Members include respected academic and business leaders. Outcomes of the reviews are shared online to ensure transparency and understanding amongst our partners and students. All feedback is welcomed so that issues can be formally raised via the QMB in a professional and objective manner.